Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fabrics Chosen


Not a lot of sewing going on this week but plenty of family things! I did pick the fabrics for my oldest daughter's quilt.

Thank you again for all your help in trying to figure out the sizes to cut for a king size quilt using this pattern.


I am going with a 6.5 unfinished square surrounded by 2.5 border and a 2.5 or 3.0 inch sashing.
I was thinking a little wider sashing so my Navy stitching would show up. Not quite to taht point yet.

I think this will work and look like it is in my mind! 
 We shall see!!

Here are the greens,  I would call these apple green.



And the blues...



and together...



sashing will be Kona White.

I hope to start next week.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you do something you love.

10 comments:

  1. Great mix of fabrics - this is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!!! I too love the combination...and agree the wider sashing will allow for the stitching to show up better!! This will be fun to make!!!

      Delete
  2. Great fabrics! It will be a great quilt Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fabrics, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to look lovely. Fabulous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those fabric choices! I have become a big fan of navy blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combinations it will be so fresh looking and the fabrics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious colors! It will be lots of fun to make your pretty version :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!