Monday, June 13, 2011

Low Key...

Ahhh Summer, We had a low key weekend. Any sewing that was done revolved around softball.

On Friday a friend and I started the Civil War Blocks from Barbara Brackman’s Blog .
We were able to complete three in no particular order.



Cut some squares for a “bee” friend.



And made some angel blocks for another bee.





BUT,

I did start to quilt my Zig Zag quilt. It is so much fun using the finca floss.

Did you watch the Tony Awards? I did not know “Harry Potter” could sing and dance!!

Hope you had a nice weekend!

11 comments:

  1. LOL!! That's EXACTLY what I told my kids!! It's hard to picture Daniel Radcliff/aka/Harry Potter singing and dancing!! And, he is a really good dancer. Maybe I am showing my age, but NO ONE will ever be better in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" than Robert Morse. I thought (and still think) he was so cute in that role!!

    You were much busier than I this weekend. Good work!!
    Deb from clutteredquilter@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few Civil war blocks done - need to take a weekend and get busy. Love the bee blocks. Comfort sewing - relaxing, rejuvinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Civil War blocks as well as the angel blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The CW blocks are looking great. Love the colors in the bee blocks and squares too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I agree with Deb...if you ever have time, check out the dance number "The Brotherhood of Man" from that movie! So much fun! Love your blocks! Your colors are spot on!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Barbara's blocks and they look like a fun project to do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, civil war blocks are beautiful! It is a lovely project to do with a friend.
    Cute blocks for the bee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like even tho it was low key your sure accomplished alot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I can't wait to see the quilting around your zig zags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are very pretty! How do you possibly get all these done on the ball field? Tips, please share! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!