Saturday, May 1, 2010

Oh my Heavens…..

Oh my Heavenly days….
I did it!!
What you say?
Binding!!!
Yes, after 25 years plus of quilting, I finally can do a decent binding!!

YIPPEE!!!!!

I would like to thank Carrie from A Passion for Appliqué for first posting this you-tube video.

Then I would like to thank Sharon Schamber (for I am sure she reads my blog) for this absolutely foolproof method.

I am going to re-post the video because it bears repeating and for those of us that are binding challenged this will save your life!! And those of your family. (I might get a little crabby when it is time to bind).

In this video Sharon uses a glue tip, do not attempt to find it, you will not be able to find the tip!!! I even emailed the Elmer’s Glue Company and they did not have the tip. I did, however, find THIS at Jo-Ann (only on-line) and it works like a charm.

So, sit back, relax and let your binding problems melt away!!!
Sorry, scroll down and turn off my music.
There are 3 parts.

11 comments:

  1. I try to do a nice binding but for some reason it turns out horrible so I just revert back to my old way of binding. I will come by tomorrow and take a look at the video...my sons music is so loud....don't laugh, it is not funny....if you find me in a funny farm that is why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my binding the same way without the glue. I have used those caps for spreading gutta and they are available at: http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1708-AA.shtml

    I may have to try the glue next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, thanks so much for sharing the videos! Wow, what an eye opener! I'm pretty much self-taught with all my handwork, so it's great to watch a real pro do such a perfect binding. I almost feel like I could do it perfectly now too!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get the tips here:

    http://www.sharonschamber.com/shopping%20cart/new%20products/newproducts.htm

    I LOVE this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why but I can not open this could you help me out with what I'm doing wrong

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great video! I'll have to watch it a couple more times to absorb it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic find! These videos are great! I'm so glad you shared them with us. I usually end up with just a tiny bit of puckering every so often when I initially sew my binding on and I bet this technique will completely eliminate this! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics of the baby on the side bar! I learn to be better by my friends. I learn things everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I taught myself to do binding by looking at a purchased french fold binding. Now I just cut four inch strips, fold them to meet in the middle and iron, then fold in half and iron again. Voila. Binding. Since I don't have a machine, I just sew both sides of the binding at once with a running stitch through all layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you soooo much for sharing this!!! I am such a visual learner and now I know I can do this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty good instruction, don't you think. I will use that technique again.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!