Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snowmen....

Wallhanging…

Not sure, you will remember this project but it started out with these cute snowmen I bought on Etsy.

Then I added red Rick Rack and a different border on each design.

I decided to try my hand at large stitch quilting…
So I traced a heart…and did the stitching in red.

I asked Maggie to write a little saying for the snowman.





I added a stripe on the bias for the binding ; and I was so excited to get it done that I forgot to wash it and you can still see some of the quilting lines.

I will take care of that before Christmas of 2010!!
I think I like how it turned out!

Also, look what arrived, our signature blocks!! They are all so wonderful! I am going to sit down and see if I have one from each state! A huge thank you to Melissa for doing such a wonderful job hosting this very fun swap!!


16 comments:

  1. Those snowmen are just adorable - i love what you did with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those snowmen are adorable! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these. They turned out fabulous and I love the idea of adding things for them to say. Maggie did a great job and so did you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sooooo cute!!!!! I love the red hearts and the ric rac is just so whimsical with them.

    Aren't our siggies lovely? I can't wait to start on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, such a very cute snowman quilt! I love the fact that you and Maggie added sayings. The rick rack really finishes it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowmen are so cute. I love your idea of the writings on them. You put the quilt together so nicely. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that your daughter could add her own personality along with yours in the snowman quilt. Beautiful in red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops, Jane, that last comment was actually from me. I forgot to switch my screen after doing a little work from home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love your snowmen blocks - the addition of the red hearts with sayings is perfect. Enjoy the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Love the blog blanner. Love the embroidered snowmen. Love the signature blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowman quilt is darling. The fabric choices are great and I love the touch of rick rack.
    Maggie did great too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those snowmen are just adorable - I love what you did with them....love the ric-rac!
    Oh, I can't wait for my siggie blocks to come. Thank you Jane.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blocks you designed around the snowmen are so adorable! The little sayings are so cute and I like the big stitches too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember those snowmen - and I just love how you've used them. Wonderful addition for Christmas!

    Hugs - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snowmen are my favorite and I love yours. I really like the rickrack idea and may borrow it. The quotes are cute.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!