Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Story....

As many of you know, my oldest daughter (mother of Little T), is a high school teacher. She is also a sponsor of a club at school. At the school where she teaches, Addison Trail High School, there was a tragic car accident involving two of her former students. This is what she told me:

"Mike graduated from Addison Trail in '08.This past July, Mike and another Addison Trail graduate, Rocco, were in a terrible car accident. The car accident put both boys in the hospital with life threatening injuries. Rocco has since recovered and was able to go back to college this fall. Unfortunately, Mike is still in the hospital and his family's medical bills are extensive. When Mike was at Addison Trail, he was the Vice-President of the Lettermen Club (a club for Varsity athletes). In order to help Mike's family and show our support, the Lettermen Club is hosting a 5K run/walk. The proceeds from this 5K run/walk will go to his family to help them out in anyway possible. I had the privilege of having both Rocco and Mike in my freshman World History class. They are great kids that are intelligent and kind. This seems like the least that we can do in order to show our support for both boys and to show them how much we care."

My 13-year-old daughter Maggie will be participating in this event on Saturday October 31, 2009. My husband and I will of course monetarily sponsor her, but being a 13-year-old, she is hoping to raise more. If you feel like you would like to donate to this worthy cause, I would be delighted to accept your donations through my PayPal address Pnkcndy@sbcglobal.net (attn: Addison Trail) and/or checks are accepted by snail mail made out to Addison Trail High School. Sent to me at:
Jane Remus
71o Timbers Trail
St. Charles, IL
60174

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration of this matter.

5 comments:

  1. I would like to sponsor Maggie with a small check. I'll send it out tomorrow. And my prayers and thoughts are with Mike and his family. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of your daughters and you for helping in this way!

    I'll contact you personally for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could help with the fund raiser, but unfortunately I cannot. They will be in my prayers though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane,
    The checks in the mail. I wish I could do more, but every little bit helps. Still working on my blocks can't wait to get them in the mail to you. My thoughts and prayers are with Mike and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!