Sunday, September 14, 2008

Goal Accomplished!!!!!

Thank you so much for all your nice comments about my table runner. Well I thought I would show you a picture of what “step-sewing” looks like. This is a procedure called Seminole Piecing. You sew the segments by off-setting rows by dropping color #1 face down on top of color #2, right sides together. You continue to sew all eleven segments into a staircase.

Then you go on to the step where you sew segment #1 to segment #11. Hope that helps.
Well, I did it, my goal for the weekend; put on the borders, layer, mark, and pin the table runner.

It is 6:30 PM Sunday and I am ready to begin the fun part, the hand quilting. I hope to show you the finished product in a month.
PS Don’t forget about my birthday giveaway, you still have time to enter! Stay Safe and Dry!!


15 comments:

  1. Very clever Jane!! Well Done on reaching your goal!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done! Lovely fall colors! It will look beautiful on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great diagrams - thank you!
    Love the fall colors!
    Excited about your birthday giveaway! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, Jane. Thanks for showing us the steps in putting it together.
    Cheers,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be really beautiful when you get it finished- and congratulations on reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Your table will look so festive! Thanks for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love Fall and the gorgeous colors! Beautiful table runner! I have posted on my blog about your giveaway and would love to win!! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow its lovely, thanks for showing us how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One more day till your birthday! Decided I had better wish you a..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! now while I remember - partimers(some of the time I remember, some of the time I dont'!) kicking in lately! :)
    Hope your day is WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Jane!!! We heard from a little birdie that today is the big day. May all your birthday wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I keep checking to see who won! :-)) I hope you are having a wonderful birthday Jane! ~You aren't getting any of that Ike spin-off are you??

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's 9:09 p.m. on the 16th Jane, and here I am, as promised to wish you the very happiest of birthdays!! I hope the coming year will be filled with happiness, fun, laughter and everything your heart would wish for *VBS* Happy Birthday Dear Jane..happy birthday to you!! Hugs,Finn

    ReplyDelete
  13. well done on reaching your goal, the table runner looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know, one day to late but congratulations and I hope you had a nice birthday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey this is great! Fun pattern too! We have a similar post. Did you see my Holiday Table Runner post? It's funny how we can live states away and have similar interests and post.

    It's fun to come visit your site. I'm in the Cottage Block exchange with you and look forward to all the new friends and quilter buddies.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!