Monday, June 23, 2008

History….

I know we have all seen the commercials on TV for bring the family back to the dinner table and see what develops. That happened to us not to long ago, we were able to have the whole family together for dinner and I asked the question, “What is your favorite time of History, what time period interests you the most”? Now you need to know that in our family this is not a strange question, we all love History. Our oldest daughter is a High School History teacher, her favorite time to teach is the Holocaust. This has interested her since middle school. Our middle daughter is getting her PhD in American History. She studies the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and specializes in women, gender, and labor. Our youngest daughter likes to read and study the Cold War. As for myself, I love anything to do with the American Revolution, and my husband, the Civil War. How about you? What is your favorite time in history? Jane

"The family is one of nature’s masterpieces".
George Santayana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your thoughts!